Lobby: Up
Online: 33
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:02 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 57 Next
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:16 am 

Polydanko wrote:
I keep trying to open the boot.exe file but it will not run. I am on a mac.

Having this same issue but on Ubuntu 16.04. Are there additional dependencies that may not be getting installed into a fresh bottle? (.net framework? vcrun2015?) do I need to execute boot.exe with command line switches?

setting wine to virtual desktop let me do a little snooping, the 'boot.exe' process is resident but has 0 cpu / 0 memory allocated, so something fails pretty early. does it dump a log somewhere?

This issue occurs the same way whether I override imm32.dll.so (placed in ashita ffxi-bootmod directory / placed in FFXI.exe directory) or not.

I have not tried overwriting imm32.dll.so into the base wine directory, might clone the wine installation and try that next. (3.17 i386)

I was able to get FFXI-config to run out of UStools so I think I must be close....

edit to update: I was able to get it running with the overwritten imm32.dll.so by running the boot.exe through the terminal. will try to figure out which of those steps was the necessary one tomorrow.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:59 am 

Looking for some help, I am having problems past step 3 of the guide for Mac/Linux.

I have no idea how to use Wine on a Mac to get into the folders to change the .dll file
I am pretty sure the issues stems from my lack of understanding what Wine. And how to use Wine in Terminal.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:55 am 

Maxamillion wrote:
Looking for some help, I am having problems past step 3 of the guide for Mac/Linux.

I have no idea how to use Wine on a Mac to get into the folders to change the .dll file
I am pretty sure the issues stems from my lack of understanding what Wine. And how to use Wine in Terminal.

You just have to know where that dll is located in WINE. I have no clue where it's placed by default in a mac install, unfortunately, which is why it's stated that way on the wiki.

Typing
Code:
locate imm32.dll.so 
in your terminal may point you to the location of the file you need to replace (with the one you downloaded in the guide). Idk if macs have the "locate" command though.

Once the game is installed (step 1) and the dll is in the right place (step 3) you can run the game by typing
Code:
wine "/users/USERNAME/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/NasomiXI/SquareEnix/Ashita/ffxi-bootmod/boot.exe"
in your terminal (if on mac OS sierra - added by some guy on that version I guess)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:43 am 

Bump, still experiencing the autologin activated loop. My accounts are bound correctly, DLL is in my current wine prefix Sys32 folder where I'm running the boot.exe from.

Would greatly appreciate any help on this, been at it for a while now. Not computer illiterate.

UPDATE: After clearing out my old prefix files and any wine installs linked to them, I reinstalled Nasomi to my current wine prefix (you can see this by clicking the wine icon on the top taskbar). Once I did this I made sure the imm32 DLL was in said prefix System32 folder (navigated to via Finder).

From there I did the last two steps via File Manager (again, click the wine icon for the drop down and select File Manager).

Navigated to the FFXI Config file, updated to borderless and proper resolutions/graphics settings, saved and closed.
Navigated to the boot.exe and logged in successfully. Game will auto start upon logging in.

If you experience issues, try clean installing everything as mentioned then restarting the computer prior to booting anything. Cheers.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:58 am 

Thanks for that extra info Altruism. I'll add it to the wiki.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:24 am 

I have no idea what to do after step 3. I have literally zero programming knowledge and I have no idea what to do with WINE. It would be great if someone with mac would post a video of what to do. Thanks.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:08 pm 

dtgrunden wrote:
Thank you! Worked great on Mac. This is probably obvious, but didn't need imm32.dll.so and some of the file paths were different on mac. Other than that, great guide!!! :D :D :D

Also, If it helps anyone, I've updated my scripts with the new paths. This way I can launch FFXI and its configuration tool straight from the doc.

To launch FFXI:
tell application "Terminal"
reopen
activate
do script "cd ~/.wine/drive_c/NasomiXI/SquareEnix/Ashita/ffxi-bootmod/" in window 1
delay 2
do script "wine boot.exe --server nasomi.com --hairpin" in window 1
end tell

To launch FFXI Config:
tell application "Terminal"
reopen
activate
do script "cd ~/.wine/drive_c/NasomiXI/SquareEnix/'FINAL FANTASY XI'/ToolsUS/" in window 1
delay 2
do script "wine 'FINAL FANTASY XI Config.exe'" in window 1
end tell

After downloading, extracting and running the Nasomi downloader, I type the first line of what you posted here into my terminal and it says that tell is not a command. Please help!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:18 pm 

Hahndrei wrote:
I have no idea what to do after step 3. I have literally zero programming knowledge and I have no idea what to do with WINE. It would be great if someone with mac would post a video of what to do. Thanks.

Actually, I have no idea what to do after Step 2. I download, extract and run the Nasomi downloader, I download the dll file from the link but I have no idea how to do the override. Or where the file(s) is/are. Any help would be much appreciated!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:12 am 

I start the boot.exe and FFXI starts, but when I accept the terms of agreement, the game crashes and I get this error:
https://pastebin.com/bnvbLwK3
Another detail: The directory where I put the downloaded .ddl.so file didn't have a copy. It only had the file "imm32.ddl". I replaced it with "imme32.dll.so".

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:32 am 

Wrong. You need to place the imm32.dll.so there. Nothing needs to be done with the imm32.dll itself. That's also why you're crashing. Just put the imm32.dll.so in the folder.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 57 Next