Lobby: Up
Online: 37
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 4:43 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 1:40 pm 

gaming from australia is always pretty bad but luckily vpns help somewhat.
i wanted to setup mine but im an absolute noob when it comes to this kind of stuff.

basically i could go full vpn mode and use a random american server and hope for the best.
but id like to specify the nasomi servers if possible so i can continue to use my browsers without wasting extra traffic allowance.

here's an image of what the setup is asking for.
https://imgur.com/uQWO2OS

appreciate any help, cheers!

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 2:30 pm 

Have you tried playing yet and seeing how it works? I know nasomi has personally visited japan, china, and thailand and played there without issue. Or is the reason you're concerned due to metered bandwidth?

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 4:01 pm 

Nasomi will hardly take any bandwidth for gameplay. It peaks at 2.5 kb/s usage. Peaks.

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 4:46 pm 

i think you're both confused, i was just explaining how there's 2 options i have with my vpn.
one is full vpn which will tunnel everything through it and the other is directing only the nasomi traffic through it.
I can easily do full vpn but itll eat my vpn bandwidth if i want to watch netflix or whatever while i play.
hence why i want to set it up so itll just tunnel nasomi but i dont know what the nasomi server ip address are to do it.

and yeah pepsi, ive played for a couple months now but if i can improve id like to do so.

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 4:49 pm 

Can't you just not tunnel Nasomi through the VPN? FFXI isn't a game that depends on latency. In retail, all servers were in Japan.

There is ~400 ms latency added to everything you do in FFXI, because FFXI only processes packets every 400 ms.

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 4:58 pm 

I have been playing for a couple months without a vpn but the whole point of this post is I'd like to try it improving it since based on my experience it can be better than it currently is.
I understand it's far from the most ping reliant game but there' still enough occasions where it becomes an obvious annoyance.