Lobby: Up
Online: 48
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:26 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:48 am 

While searching for answers to problems I had, I saw questions regarding xBox One controllers and getting various things working, particularly issues with the triggers not working, and also getting SwitchMon to work. I decided to write a little guide to help others who had similar issues.

Issues covered here:

* How to get the triggers working (to open macro pallettes)
* How to get SwitchMon working when dual boxing

How to get the triggers working

If you have installed Nasomi and discovered that you can't set the triggers of your xBox One controller, then download this. It is the official xBox 360 controller drivers for Windows, and is required to get triggers to work.

In the FFXI gamepag config, make sure "Enable XInput" is ticked, then select "Alternate Setup E (E)". Calibrate your movement, camera and menu directional controls and save.

If you don't like alternate E, come back after saving and the triggers should work normally.

How to get SwitchMon working

If you have trouble getting SwitchMon to work, here's something to try. I had an issue where pressing the assigned button would switch to a FFXI window only if I was in a non FFXI window, and then wouldn't switch to the other FFXI window at all. If you're having a similar issue, try this:

* First, if SwitchMon doesn't see the game windows at all, download the version on the downloads page. (credit for finding this info goes to this post).
* Then, download a tool called XInput Plus. Download link here.
* Now, we will patch the Switchmon .exe with this tool. Launch XInput Plus. At the top of the window is a text box called "Target Program".
* Click on Select, then browse to where you saved SwitchMon. Once in the correct folder, select "FFOSwitchMon" and click on open.
* Next click on the "DirectInput" tab and tick the box "Enable DirectInput Output".
* Now, go to the "Settings" tab, then click on the Dll Files tab.
* In the "Installed Files" section, tick the boxes of all the .dll files.
* Finally, click on "Apply" and apply the settings to the .exe.

SwitchMon should now work, and switch between the FFXI windows when your assigned button is pressed.

Note: If it is still not working, try running SwitchMon in Windows XP Service Pack 3 compatibility mode.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:23 am 

im currently having this issue as i just had my 360 controller break so i bought an xbox one controller, and I tried all of this and still not working, I just dont know what to do :(

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:20 pm 

"Xinput plus" isn't an approved 3rd party program. Mostly harmless sure, but it will create a modified library for input commands, so if someone were to ever use "xinput plus" to do things they shouldn't, Nasomi could ban all "xinput plus" users with very little effort. Other than the use of "xinput plus", this is pretty helpful advice, but I wouldn't recommend using "xinput plus".