Lobby: Up
Online: 46
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:51 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 5:58 am 

All players' game accounts must now be bound to a Nasomi (aka forum) account in order to log in.

You should also check viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7977

-

To bind your legacy (which means account from before this system) to your Nasomi (forum) account, you must first create a Nasomi (forum) account.

To register a new Nasomi (forum) account, follow the link here: ucp.php?mode=register

To recover an existing Nasomi (forum) account you will need the username and email address associated with the account, and then follow the link here: ucp.php?mode=sendpassword
If you don't remember your forum username, you can search your email for an email titled Welcome to "Nasomi Community FFXI Server". In this email, you will find your Nasomi username.
An error saying username/email not found will appear if you enter this information incorrectly.
If your Nasomi account is not activated, and your activation link is too old to use, go to ucp.php?mode=resend_act to resend the activation email.

If you do not have a Nasomi (forum) account or cannot recover it, you will be unable to use the Nasomi account system.

-

The binding process itself is relatively simple.

1. Log into https://na.nasomi.com/account/login.php using your Nasomi account you created or recovered. If you receive an error saying Username not found, you probably tried to use your game account to log in.
2. Select an empty slot to bind to. Main and alt are fully functional and function the same, while Mules are limited to level 10 and restricted to cities.
3. Click "Bind legacy account" next to that slot.
4. Enter the information you use to log into the game (your "game account"). Usernames and passwords are case sensitive, and do not contain spaces. Usernames and Passwords both have a max length of 16 characters. A User information was not authenticated error means the username or password you entered was incorrect.
5. Bind any additional accounts as nessesary.

Take note that binding is final. You cannot move your accounts to other Nasomi accounts. Each player is limited to one Nasomi account, which means the limit per person of one Main, Alt, and Mule is now enforced.

-

Common problems

1. I bound my account but it still doesn't let me log in
You've likely bound the wrong account or accidentally created an account. To confirm what happened, check the username - does it match the username you use to log into the game? Is your character name listed next to the account name? If not, then you've created or bound the wrong account. Contact nasomi on naschat (via PM, double click his name) and provide the following:
Code:
Each of these should be a single message. If you copy paste this whole box it will get cut off on his side and he WILL NOT be able to help you!
Nasomi (forum) account username:
Nasomi (forum) account email:
Game Account slot to remove: (main, alt, or mule)
Game Account username to remove:

Nasomi will then remove that game account, allowing you to go through the binding process for your game account properly. If you only have one game account you play with, you can bind it to a free slot and continue playing, as Nasomi may take some time before he can fix your account - but make sure you don't bind your main or alt to the mule slot, or your mule to the main or alt slots. The main and alt slots are equivalent and have no gameplay impacts. Feel free to bind to the alt slot and enjoy the game while Nasomi takes his time with your issue.

2. I have more than 1 Nasomi account and already have one game account bound to each
Contact nasomi on naschat (via PM, double click his name) and provide the following:
Code:
Each of these should be a single message. If you copy paste this whole box it will get cut off on his side and he WILL NOT be able to help you!
Nasomi (forum) account #1 username:
Nasomi (forum) account #1 email:
Nasomi (forum) account #2 username (the one to be removed):
Nasomi (forum) account #2 email (the one to be removed):
Game Account slot to unlink on Nasomi account #2: (main, alt, or mule):
Game Account username to unlink on Nasomi account #2:

Let Nasomi know that you've created an extra Nasomi account by accident. Once removed from the extra Nasomi account, you will be able to go through the binding processs on your Nasomi account, playing all your game accounts under the same Nasomi account. Remember, use of more than one Nasomi account is prohibited, so this issue should be resolved as soon as possible.

3. I tried to bind my game account but it says it's already bound
Did you make a new Nasomi account? If so, you should see if you already have an existing one and use the existing one instead. Bind all of your game accounts to your existing Nasomi account. Try to regain access to this Nasomi account by following the steps to recover an existing Nasomi account above.

4. I bound my account to the wrong slot (main or alt to mule, or mule to main or alt)
Do you still have an empty slot in main, alt, or mule available? If you, for example, bound your Alt to the Mule slot by accident, simply click bind legacy account on the Alt slot and bind it there. This will move it from your Mule to the Alt slot. You may have to re-login to the Account system to see this change. However, if you're unable to re-bind this way, contact nasomi on naschat (via PM, double click his name) and provide the following:
Code:
Nasomi (forum) account username:
Nasomi (forum) account email:
Game Account slot to move: (main, alt, or mule), and where to move it
Game Account username to move:

Nasomi will then move that game account.

5. I have everything bound correctly but it tells me that my username/password is incorrect when logging into the game
There is a windows bug that can cause issues with logging in. If you're unable to properly enter your password because windows is adding extra letters to your password field, you can workaround that by following the steps here: http://nasomi.com/wiki/index.php?title= ... characters

6. I have forgotten my legacy game account's login information AND the legacy game account is not bound to a forum account
THIS SECTION IS NOT FOR FORUM ACCOUNTS! Contact nasomi on naschat (via PM, double click his name) and provide as much information as possible (character name, game account username) so that he can provide you a temporary password so that you can bind the account and then reset the password. Additionally, you will need to somehow prove that the game account you are recovering belongs to you. Do not leave naschat after providing him this information. He will not send you a temporary password in an email - only in naschat. If you leave, he can't contact you.

7. Stuck "Notifying Lobby of Current Selections" during character login
You can only have 1 character per game account. To delete characters, log into https://na.nasomi.com/account/login.php until you see a character you need to delete. Select that character, then maintenance, then removal.

-

Common questions
Q: Isn't this system a little too annoying and complex?
A: Yes. In the future, you will not have to use separate Nasomi and game accounts. You will log into the game using one Nasomi account, and have your characters listed for you there. You will no longer have to create separate game accounts or keep track of their information. You already have enough to worry about and you shouldn't have to juggle up to 4 different logins (1 Nasomi, 3 game) for a FFXI private server. Nasomi is actively developing this system, but as we know, there is a lot to be worked on, and while complex, it works right now. New players go through this process when registering, and they seem to be able to complete it easily enough, especially since they do it during the installation process. New players simply "Create" after logging into the Account page, which 'hides" the binding process, as all accounts created there are bound to the Nasomi account.

Q: Why did we need this system to begin with?
A: This allows for Nasomi to better moderate the number of accounts that players use. Nasomi limits us to 3 characters: a Main, Alt, and Mule. The Main and Alt are fully featured, but the mule is limited to level 10 and cities. Previously, players were using many different characters on many different accounts, with vague rules. To do so now requires making an additional Nasomi account, which is easier to police against. Nasomi was also inundated with players asking to recover their login information, which they can now do on the Account page. The Nasomi account itself can be recovered through the forum account recovery process. Although nasomi does not intend to stop recovering legacy game accounts for returning players, this will save him the trouble of recovering game accounts that are bound, which, being required to now log in, will mean all current and future players. Account sharing and trading will be heavily deterred as game accounts are bound to Nasomi accounts, as you will be unable to give someone access to just one character. Remember that account sharing, trading, and 'gifting' are prohibited. All associated characters are put in danger both by other players and by Nasomi himself when you share, trade, or give away your information.

Last edited by Nabutso on Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:36 pm, edited 20 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:13 am 

Thanks Nabutso! ;)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 2:21 am 

User information was not authenticated.

My issue in this instance is certainly not because I entered my info incorrectly. I wrote down my info and even copy/pasted it into the login/password fields to make 100% sure it was right.

I was able to bind my alt easily after several 'information not authenticated' messages from trying to bind my main account.

I haven't played in probably a few months, but I haven't been on my alt in even longer.

I'm at a loss, any ideas?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 2:28 am 

Narooned: "Usernames and passwords are case sensitive, and do not contain spaces."

Make sure that wherever you're copy/pasting from is actual the correct information, too. Just cause you're copy pasting it from a file or somewhere else doesn't mean it's right in that file!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 2:36 am 

Alright, for some reason I think my password may have been too long? I remember being able to login with or without the last key input for my password, and I think that it didn't include that last character in my password. So when I cut it short this time (entered whole password except last character) for binding the legacy account, it actually went through.

Regardless, thanks. Reading your response made me think of that. :D

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 2:42 am 

Nice. I forgot that the length is mentioned on the troubleshooting page but not on this one. I'll add it here. It was 15 max, right?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:12 pm 

Was able to bind my legacy main account to my nasomi account, but my mule account (level 1 character) is not letting me bind.

Getting "User information was not authenticated" when I go through the "Bind legacy account" to my mule link. I track this password in a password manager, so I'm certain it's correct. I also tried logging into the game directly, but it hangs at the "Autologin activated" message (I'm passing --user and --pass arguments).

Some misc info about this mule account:
- It's old and hasn't been logged in possibly over a year
- Only has a level 1 character on it
- Very low gameplay time, probably less than a day

Maybe the account was purged from the server or had the password auto-reset at some point?

I messaged nasomi on nas chat yesterday but haven't heard back, so I wanted to check here if I missed an obvious step somewhere. I'm mostly concerned at the loss of access than anything else (there wasn't much value on the mule account).

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:54 pm 

Take note of the password and username requirements, lambda_delta:

Usernames and passwords are case sensitive, and do not contain spaces. Passwords have a max length of 16 characters. A User information was not authenticated error means the username or password you entered was incorrect.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:50 pm 

I hear ya, my password meets those requirements. I'm copying the whole thing. Something else going on, but I'm not sure what it is.

Does the username have any length restriction?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:04 pm 

I don't remember what the username length restriction is, but you could try removing a character at a time until it is of a short enough length that it's clear it'd fit.