Lobby: Up
Online: 64
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:19 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: NPC (Varchet) broken
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 5:07 am 

Hey everyone, last night I was trying to complete the quest "Exit the Gambler," but Varchet or the quest seem to be bugged.

When I play against him and lose, the UI completely disappears and nothing other than killing the FFXI process from the task manager and logging back in will bring it back. I can see his mouth moving when this happens, so it looks like the game thinks he's still talking to you. During this I'm able to move around and change zones, which doesn't do anything for the UI.

If I win against him, I don't get my 10 gil and the quest does not advance.

Has anyone else noticed this issue? I really want that map of KRT.

Post subject: Re: NPC (Varchet) broken
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:16 pm 

Not as fun, but you can buy every map in the game for gil from the map vendors. Can get your KRT map that way. Also, the @release command may help you w/ problems like this in the future.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:35 pm 

rori wrote:
Not as fun, but you can buy every map in the game for gil from the map vendors. Can get your KRT map that way. Also, the @release command may help you w/ problems like this in the future.

Thanks for your response.

I know in retail the KRT map is quest only, but then again this isn't retail. I'll have to check that out.

Also I completely forgot about the @release command! It looked like it wasn't taking any input other than movement though because I tried to go into my MH and type /logout and nothing happened.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 11:46 pm 

Deschel wrote:
rori wrote:

Thanks for your response.

I know in retail the KRT map is quest only, but then again this isn't retail. I'll have to check that out.

Also I completely forgot about the @release command! It looked like it wasn't taking any input other than movement though because I tried to go into my MH and type /logout and nothing happened.

Yeah, due to not all quests functioning Nas made it so that all maps can be purchased with gil.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:23 am 
Site Admin

No I didn't, SE did. I just didn't disable it because not all the quests are working.