Lobby: Up
Online: 48
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:22 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Synthesis History Broken
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:34 pm 

The History option under Synthesis currently does not work.
I remember it working last year (haven't played in a couple months) but it no longer displays the correct items from the synth.
So when a successful synth is done, you can't quickly re-do it using the History option.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:55 pm 
Site Admin

It has been disabled intentionally.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:16 pm 

nasomi wrote:
It has been disabled intentionally.

seriously?

how stupid.

one of the decent things about live that doesn't actually change the way you play the game, and doesn't make it easier, just an attempt to band-aid the clunky ps2 ui.. and you disabled it?

I know "out of era" gets thrown around a lot on these darkstar servers... but I don't remember every AH being linked when I played retail during ToAU, I don't remember being able to skip quested/coffer maps when I played retail back then either... yet those are changes retail made since then to make the game easier, and those are both active here.

I also don't remember every ToAU mob being level 99, nor do I remember worms being able to slide around on the ground... I'm not sure this is so much a CoP / early ToAU server as it is a custom server.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:26 am 
Site Admin

Until players load up their inventory and fire off a script that autocrafts for them from 1-100 while they're sleeping. It was abused heavily. It went away.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:44 am 

You don't consider scripting to autocraft your way to max skill to be a form of botting?

Isn't "no botting" in the rules? and in the server message when you log in?

I honestly don't understand the rationale behind these kinds of decisions... why make things harder on legitimate players when the simple and more obvious solution is to just enforce the server rules? Just ban the cheaters, that's the correct decision to make in this situation and that would've been the correct decision to make when you noticed the first gil exploiter.

I seriously don't get it man.. why even have server rules here.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:04 am 
Site Admin

No botting is in the rules. It's a bit hard to enforce something that is solely client side though. It wasn't always here, it slipped past me, and when I learned about it I removed it. I know it's hard to believe that a player would not listen to the rules but it does happen.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:16 pm 

Vlight wrote:
You don't consider scripting to autocraft your way to max skill to be a form of botting?

I think you are confused, nasomi said its disabled so people CAN'T use a script to autocraft their way to max skill.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:45 pm 

Sly wrote:
Vlight wrote:

I think you are confused, nasomi said its disabled so people CAN'T use a script to autocraft their way to max skill.

I told nasomi he should have banned the people scripting rather than disable the feature, I'm aware it's disabled now to dissuade cheaters instead of actually enforcing his own server's rules.

nasomi wrote:
No botting is in the rules. It's a bit hard to enforce something that is solely client side though. It wasn't always here, it slipped past me, and when I learned about it I removed it. I know it's hard to believe that a player would not listen to the rules but it does happen.

I'm not trying to say everything should be policed constantly, I'm only trying to point out that making sweeping changes to the server to stop cheaters from cheating is stupid. (As I'm sure you found out with the gil fiasco - there were undoubtedly multiple methods to generate illegitimate gil, each separate method requiring its' own fix) Cheaters will simply move on to the next available method to cheat.

After you've noticed the cheating/botting/scripting/unscrupulous players - ban them.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:11 pm 

Are you seriously mad about this? Probably not the server for you...

Craft like everyone else. If you dont remember materials, then wiki them.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 2:26 am 

Just my 2 cents, this is a feature that was added much later in the game's history. We've had to deal without it being in the game back around this era and many years after.

Does it suck that it's not available? Sure, I miss it whenever i'm cooking on my alt. Truthfully I am more sad that it was being used to cheat and that people on this server were taking advantage of it.

:!: Please note that if your posts or responses are deleted on the forums, chances are it was inappropriate, inflammatory, or someone else was defamed.