Lobby: Up
Online: 34
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:51 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 1:21 am 

cd is "change directory".

cd "Directoryname" will go to that directory if it's a subdirectory of the current one or a root directory.

cd .. will go up 1 directory

cd "an/entire/path/here" works too.

You can type ls to list the contents of your current directory.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 1:23 pm 

constantly crashes when zoning now :(

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:57 pm 

waNdy wrote:

Happens to me too. Macbook pro. About 50% of the time when i zone the game or wine or something crashes. Super annoying and irritating but, the games working and im finally playing.

Any advise for this issue appreciated

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:01 am 

waNdy wrote:

Happens to me too. I thought maybe I was accidentally using the outdated launcher, swapped in the new one but it still happens.

Weirdly, I noticed it happens in some zones more than others i.e. Port Jeuno, Mog house and at the crags after teleporting.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:52 pm 

Rissyroo wrote:
waNdy wrote:

Happens to me too. I thought maybe I was accidentally using the outdated launcher, swapped in the new one but it still happens.

Weirdly, I noticed it happens in some zones more than others i.e. Port Jeuno, Mog house and at the crags after teleporting.

yep , port jueno, qufim, just to name a few. certain telepoints

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 5:01 am 

Anyone else getting this error?

Code:
0009:fixme:winsock:set_dont_fragment IP_DONTFRAGMENT for IPv4 not supported in this platform

Everything is working until I run `wine boot.exe` and then I get that error. After about a minute it says it can't connect to server.

Computer Specs:
Mac mini 2018
CPU: 3.6 Intel Quad Core i3
RAM: 8GB 2667 DDR4
GPU: Intel UHD 630

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:42 pm 

This guide worked for me except I did have to delete a . in the NasomiXI.v.20 to NasomiXI.v20 because I believe the folder has been renamed since the creation of this guide or is just a typo. Got the game to load, created a character and it registered the new character but now get an FFXI -3101 error when I try to log in

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:54 am 

Rissyroo wrote:
Followed this guide step by step, but I encountered some problems which started with nothing happening when trying to launch the game, then developed into the login loop.

I discovered the problem was that brew was installing WINE as a 64 bit prefix for some reason (either that or I had done it by mistake myself earlier) and the step where you type the code "WINEARCH=win32 WINEPREFIX=~/.wine wine wineboot" didn't work for me.

In any case, I found a solution by typing this to create a 32 bit prefix folder:

WINEPREFIX="$HOME/prefix32" WINEARCH=win32 wine wineboot

Afterwards I deleted the already installed .wine folder and renamed this new 'prefix 32' folder to '.wine' to take it's place. After that it worked! Thanks for the guide :)

Hello Rissyroo,

Think I have the same problem as you, but I can't rename prefix 32 folder to .wine (these is a message errore : name folder can't start with a dot) any idea ?

I'm stuck at "enter your login information.." there is no message error, username and password seem accepted, but the game isn't lauching...

Thx for your help

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 8:50 am 

Quote:
Think I have the same problem as you, but I can't rename prefix 32 folder to .wine (these is a message errore : name folder can't start with a dot) any idea ?

Can you go back to this step and try renaming the folder again - but first, in finder press command + shift + . which toggles hidden files visibility. After this it should allow you to rename the new 32 prefix folder to .wine and then follow the rest of the guide.

Hope this helps!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:14 pm 

Can confirm as of 11/6/2019 this guide still works, but the link to the "imm32.dll.so" file is broken.
Here's a working link courtesy of Bluffnix on github:

https://github.com/bluffnix/ffxi-wine/b ... m32.dll.so
(click "download" in the bottom-right ish of the page that loads)