Lobby: Up
Online: 1196
Sync Range: 10
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:26 am

All times are UTC




Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 9:22 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon May 09, 2016 10:12 pm
Posts: 2
I don't want to derail this further, but here goes nothing. Skitles, you are not a racist. But no one should be scrutinizing any nationality for cheating more than any other. Even if there were more Chinese cheaters than other nationalities - whether by total number, or per capita - they do not cheat because they are Chinese. Therefore that should not be a determining factor in looking at them any closer than anyone else.

There are many other plausible reasons for people to cheat, or correlations among cheaters, e.g. immorality, immaturity, LS/peer pressure, or RMT. That last one may be more prevalent in certain countries. But again, try to be clear on what's the actual cause. RMT might cheat to make money. But RMT are not RMT because they are Chinese or any other nationality.

Skitles, you may have data to support some sort of conclusion. But I don't think you are reaching the correct one.


Top
   
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 9:58 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:58 am
Posts: 115
It's a confirmation bias to keep pointing out that Chinese players are the ones that always cheat. Most of Aces got caught cheating and moved to Eden. A number of recent RMT have been non-Chinese (in fact, there was even a recent post on here about a certain individual). Most of Nasomi's weekly "Play Fair bans" are non-Chinese. Awhile back, I remember both Chinese and non-Chinese double-dipping Dyna runs. Hell, I'm pretty sure even the "DogfekNasomi" guy isn't Chinese.

Sadly, because of confirmation bias, people are easy to pass off or disregard many of the non-Chinese cheaters.

_________________
Main: Asharu
LS: Misfortune
Discord: Ash#7545


Top
   
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 10:01 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:12 am
Posts: 1222
Keefa wrote:
I don't want to derail this further


That's nice

Keefa wrote:
I lied.


Oh........



For real though, all Skitles said was it doesn't surprise her because they're Chinese. Which, while it may be distasteful, isn't that big of a leap to make. There are multiple instances all over these forums of players from China abusing things like Dynamis lockouts, HNMs respawning, Sync bugs, etc. And as Vik said, some of them are rather quick to pull the ignorance of english card while maintaining relationships with NA/EU players who speak ZERO Mandarin beyond "ni hao" and "cao ni ma".

_________________
Image
Don't you know I'm so show, them ninjas got no glow,
Find a master 'fore you can come back into the dojo.
Image
#RENTFREE
Deft/Drop


Top
   
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 10:03 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:55 pm
Posts: 223
Location: In your moms bed
Ash wrote:
It's a confirmation bias to keep pointing out that Chinese players are the ones that always cheat. Most of Aces got caught cheating and moved to Eden. A number of recent RMT have been non-Chinese (in fact, there was even a recent post on here about a certain individual). Most of Nasomi's weekly "Play Fair bans" are non-Chinese. Awhile back, I remember both Chinese and non-Chinese double-dipping Dyna runs. Hell, I'm pretty sure even the "DogfekNasomi" guy isn't Chinese.

Sadly, because of confirmation bias, people are easy to pass off or disregard many of the non-Chinese cheaters.


this made me laugh pretty hard, NASOMI WE NEED NON GENDER RACES TOO!!!!

HOW DARE THEY MAKE ME PICK BETWEEN MALE OR FEMALE TARU!!!!

Confirmation bais come on bro its a video game it aint that serious

_________________
SapaJoee / SapDaddy

Best PLD on Nasomi
Best BRD on Nasomi
TopShelf MVP 2017-2020
Voted Nasomi Server Player of the Century Award
Sackholder in TS


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2020 12:14 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue May 08, 2018 9:53 pm
Posts: 361
Not to say it's irrefutable evidence, but I mean.. a quick google search will tell you that Chinese culture is just different from most Western ideals. Especially when it comes to cheating or stealing. Hell just look at Chinese business practices and you will find a ton of Chinese companies hack or steal information from other non-Chinese companies to copy their products or practices and pass them off as their own all the time. It seems it's become so prevalent there to cheat in academia it has become a criminal offense punishable by jail time. From my understanding it's a "If you're not cheating, someone else will and you will always be at a disadvantage so if you're smart enough to get away with it, then do it" mentality there. Whatever it takes to get ahead. It's not seen as a completely bad thing like it is more commonly viewed as in Western countries/cultures. It doesn't take a genius to see that kind of thought process would translate over to video games as well - a huge part of Chinese and Asian culture in general. Sure not all Chinese players are cheaters and I'm sure there are a great many who are paragons of playing clean without cheats, but there sure are a lot of them who aren't. Just like generalizing and saying sure not all Americans are fat as fuck, but there sure are a lot of them that are. And that's okay. Because it's just a different mindset and culture. It just happens to be against the rules here and they are punished as such for breaking them. :)

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2020 11:46 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:25 am
Posts: 129
Tex wrote:
Not to say it's irrefutable evidence, but I mean.. a quick google search will tell you that Chinese culture is just different from most Western ideals. Especially when it comes to cheating or stealing. Hell just look at Chinese business practices and you will find a ton of Chinese companies hack or steal information from other non-Chinese companies to copy their products or practices and pass them off as their own all the time. It seems it's become so prevalent there to cheat in academia it has become a criminal offense punishable by jail time. From my understanding it's a "If you're not cheating, someone else will and you will always be at a disadvantage so if you're smart enough to get away with it, then do it" mentality there. Whatever it takes to get ahead. It's not seen as a completely bad thing like it is more commonly viewed as in Western countries/cultures. It doesn't take a genius to see that kind of thought process would translate over to video games as well - a huge part of Chinese and Asian culture in general. Sure not all Chinese players are cheaters and I'm sure there are a great many who are paragons of playing clean without cheats, but there sure are a lot of them who aren't. Just like generalizing and saying sure not all Americans are fat as fuck, but there sure are a lot of them that are. And that's okay. Because it's just a different mindset and culture. It just happens to be against the rules here and they are punished as such for breaking them. :)


I was hoping to hear dom verus chinese players kuftal storys


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 8:11 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:24 pm
Posts: 640
fwiw corporate and industrial espionage were a huge part of America's industrialization too. We stole the everloving shit out of everything we could to bootstrap the US in the late 1800s and early 1900s.

It's just that the slower rate of innovation in general, along with manufacturing not being almost entirely centralized to one country, meant that the level of intellectual property theft over that timeframe, in absolute values, is probably lower than what we see in a single year or two today. It's more related to where a country is on the development curve. As the US became a powerhouse in manufacturing and technological innovation in its own right, international pressure was placed on it to stop the large scale corporate espionage. It took us years to actually bow to that pressure. We're seeing the same thing in China.

_________________
PhD Shitposting 2037 | Cthalupa 75 BLM BRD RNG RDM WAR | Cathatwopa 75 NIN THF BLU BRD

http://rfklinkshell.com/


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 2:17 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat May 23, 2020 8:12 pm
Posts: 18
New player here, I'm trying to wrap my head around this. NM's are now referred to as Open World Notorious Monster. The have been "capped" to a certain level, meaning you are only able to use skills abilities to that cap when engaged.
and finally this player is clearly not restrained by it? or is he camping it like a botter?

[edit: i thought this was the wrong post by the way the conversation changed lol]


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 3:53 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:30 am
Posts: 105
omen285 wrote:
New player here, I'm trying to wrap my head around this. NM's are now referred to as Open World Notorious Monster. The have been "capped" to a certain level, meaning you are only able to use skills abilities to that cap when engaged.
and finally this player is clearly not restrained by it? or is he camping it like a botter?

[edit: i thought this was the wrong post by the way the conversation changed lol]



NMs are still just NMs... OWNMs are something Nasomi added to temp replace non-functioning bcnms, and have stayed in the game. Probably because there are still many bcnms that don't work.

OWNMs have loot tables that are mostly matched to a specific bcnm (might be some variation), and they are supposed to lvl cap you upon aggro. So yes, the guy fighting him w/o a lvl cap was up to no good, and started causing trouble in the neighborhood.

_________________
http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?73100


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 1:25 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:02 pm
Posts: 303
Knarlfist wrote:
the guy fighting him w/o a lvl cap was up to no good, and started causing trouble in the neighborhood.


He got in one little fight and Nas got scared and said, "You're moving with buddies and cheats in Mordion Gaol."

_________________
~~Guedj~~
WAR37 MNK10 WHM38 BLM61
RDM18 THF63 PLD15 COR24
BST75 BRD46 RNG12 SAM71
NIN37 DRG60 SMN70 BLU15
DRK0 PUP0


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ScottEasykill and 15 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited