Lobby: Up
Online: 22
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:34 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:12 pm 

Where do you work? Is there something your company is hiding from its customers? Is there a secret menu item or cameras in the bathroom? Post it here.

I've worked several at radiology clinics and hospitals in the USA.

- 95% of the time we forgot to burn the CD/DVD with your images. They weren't "misplaced"

- When you ask "how much radiation is this?" during a CAT SCAN you are given a bullshit answer like "its equal to 10 chest xrays" so the exam can keep moving. Ask for the dosage report after your exam.

- You can chose to not drink the Barium for the test and instead have it through an enema.

- if youre hot/ugly/interesting in any way, the staff likely looked you up on facebook.

I also worked at Dunkin Donuts and if you go to the register and say: "Give me them Dunk Nuts!" theyre supposed to give you one free glazed donut.

Keep it going~

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:51 pm 

I was in food safety management for 13 years.
A grade labels on meat are from a USDA inspector coming by and checking 10 samples every hour out of 100,000 real pieces per hour being ran.
the people grading the meat don't give a shit as long as the USDA isn't there for the 30 seconds it takes to do their check.
in reality you're paying premium prices for A grade meat that's essentially the same as anything else you buy.
temperatures in meat factorys during processing are supposed to remain under 45 degree or you'll catch clostridium c perfingens disease, nobody cares about it and you're never told about it because the only things it does is temporarily makes you stupid, and 90% of the time the environmental temperature will fail.
Food safety management at it's upper echelons shift the conversation from "safe to eat" and into "who should be eating it" then the entire point of sale chain is redirected to accommodate the decision.
1. rich neighborhoods always get properly handled food.
2. poor neighborhoods almost always get improperly handled food.
3. middle class neighborhoods always get food on sale because it's a mix of good and bad.
4. younger neighborhoods get mostly bad mixed with some good.
5. older neighborhoods get mostly good mixed with some bad.
thank the census for giving food corporations the public information for that scam.
the food industry hides neglect behind the consumer not being properly educated on how to handle and cook meat at home.
if you get sick, it's your own fault, and has nothing to do with them systematically shipping non conforming food to your neighborhood.
furthermore nobody in government is going to do anything about it, because people have to eat, and the last thing a government wants is a food shortage because 60% of the meat isn't handled properly.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:28 pm 

The_Carrot wrote:
I was in food safety management for 13 years.
A grade labels on meat are from a USDA inspector coming by and checking 10 samples every hour out of 100,000 real pieces per hour being ran.
the people grading the meat don't give a shit as long as the USDA isn't there for the 30 seconds it takes to do their check.
in reality you're paying premium prices for A grade meat that's essentially the same as anything else you buy.
temperatures in meat factorys during processing are supposed to remain under 45 degree or you'll catch clostridium c perfingens disease, nobody cares about it and you're never told about it because the only things it does is temporarily makes you stupid, and 90% of the time the environmental temperature will fail.
Food safety management at it's upper echelons shift the conversation from "safe to eat" and into "who should be eating it" then the entire point of sale chain is redirected to accommodate the decision.
1. rich neighborhoods always get properly handled food.
2. poor neighborhoods almost always get improperly handled food.
3. middle class neighborhoods always get food on sale because it's a mix of good and bad.
4. younger neighborhoods get mostly bad mixed with some good.
5. older neighborhoods get mostly good mixed with some bad.
thank the census for giving food corporations the public information for that scam.
the food industry hides neglect behind the consumer not being properly educated on how to handle and cook meat at home.
if you get sick, it's your own fault, and has nothing to do with them systematically shipping non conforming food to your neighborhood.
furthermore nobody in government is going to do anything about it, because people have to eat, and the last thing a government wants is a food shortage because 60% of the meat isn't handled properly.

holy macaroni batman this is insane

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:25 pm 

p.s. i no longer work for the food industry. my consciences told me they could get fukd, now I do prefab for exotic alloys. I did the prefab on the c103 heat shield the spacex mission is using. I like this career better ^^

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:56 pm 

The_Carrot wrote:
p.s. i no longer work for the food industry. my consciences told me they could get fukd, now I do prefab for exotic alloys. I did the prefab on the c103 heat shield the spacex mission is using. I like this career better ^^

is this part of the vessel that recently left earth?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:04 pm 

indeed

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:46 am 

i was a chef for 15 years and these are just a few things i've noticed

the food you eat at your table gets handled more by bare hands in the kitchen then you ever would at your table eating it, believe me on this.
if something is dropped, its usually just picked up and ran under cold water even raw meats/fish
if something is past the expiration date it will still get used 100% of the time if there is no discoloration or smell
don't be fooled, people rarely wash their hands, even after coming in from a smoke/bathroom
if you are an ass hole of a guest, don't be surprised if your food gets fucked with, i've seen people spit on food(this was a LONG time ago).

don't get me wrong for the most part kitchens are very clean and this stuff doesn't happen that much at all. also, i am no longer a professional chef haha

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:03 pm 

mibotsu wrote:
i was a chef for 15 years and these are just a few things i've noticed

the food you eat at your table gets handled more by bare hands in the kitchen then you ever would at your table eating it, believe me on this.
if something is dropped, its usually just picked up and ran under cold water even raw meats/fish
if something is past the expiration date it will still get used 100% of the time if there is no discoloration or smell
don't be fooled, people rarely wash their hands, even after coming in from a smoke/bathroom
if you are an ass hole of a guest, don't be surprised if your food gets fucked with, i've seen people spit on food(this was a LONG time ago).

don't get me wrong for the most part kitchens are very clean and this stuff doesn't happen that much at all. also, i am no longer a professional chef haha

I believe this.
Whats more crazy is covid aware people who order out.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 1:43 am 

Plumber here~

>90% of us honestly want to help you out and understand that our service is expensive. The other 10% don't belong in this trade and will rip you off while not fixing anything. CHOOSE WISELY and get references before you hire a tradesman.
>Understand (in my state at least) we have 5 years of schooling to go through so we don't accidentally blow up/set fire to your house or poison you with CO, Lead etc.
>Be kind to your plumber, they will go above and beyond to help you.
>Standing over us while we work won't make the problem get fixed faster.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:40 pm 

Phersulion wrote:
Plumber here~

>90% of us honestly want to help you out and understand that our service is expensive. The other 10% don't belong in this trade and will rip you off while not fixing anything. CHOOSE WISELY and get references before you hire a tradesman.
>Understand (in my state at least) we have 5 years of schooling to go through so we don't accidentally blow up/set fire to your house or poison you with CO, Lead etc.
>Be kind to your plumber, they will go above and beyond to help you.
>Standing over us while we work won't make the problem get fixed faster.

this is interesting, because its a common point of discussion from boomers on facebook contending school isn't necessary to have a good wage: that being a plumber is one good way to do so.
nothing but respect to my plumbers tho, they know the worst of me. :P