Lobby: Up
Online: 1199
Sync Range: 10
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:04 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:27 pm 

I don't see whats wrong here... he isn't overly flamming you. He's not cursing or being too rude. He is explaining how you should do your job to benefit the party experiences gain. You weren't prepared at all and didn't know so whats he supposed to do? How would you like him to explain how to play to you? Thfs are supposed to sata right away and if you don't see them setting up right away then type it in chat, make a macro for them to set up with a nice call until they get used to it and do it naturally. Players like this are disgusting too that don't want to learn and get triggered when they have to do something besides being lazy in a party.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:04 pm 

Guscles wrote:
I don't see whats wrong here... he isn't overly flamming you. He's not cursing or being too rude. He is explaining how you should do your job to benefit the party experiences gain. You weren't prepared at all and didn't know so whats he supposed to do? How would you like him to explain how to play to you? Thfs are supposed to sata right away and if you don't see them setting up right away then type it in chat, make a macro for them to set up with a nice call until they get used to it and do it naturally. Players like this are disgusting too that don't want to learn and get triggered when they have to do something besides being lazy in a party.

i agree that players that cannot take criticism are defeating themselves.

However, I took it all in stride. From the very beginning. I offered to leave the party because i wasnt prepared with a ranged attack. I even asked if I should find a replacement, and what job they would like.
I was using SATA every minute the counter on "Recast" was down. I landed a few of them, but since there was no initial voker or a skill chain order, it was next to impossible to do it consistently.
not to mention the PL was pulling the hate right against the hallway wall.
It wasnt a "flamming" but an expectation from a level I was just not at. You invite a lowbie 31-32 you should know off the top that they dont have Viper Bite yet.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:17 pm 

Git gud loser.

All jokes aside, as a Thf, make sure you have bolts to pull, pre 60 just try your best to make sure SATA or SATA+WS lands. After 60, please for the love of God separate TA and SA like an intelligent Thf. Like Lupa said, timing is a pain sometimes and it might miss or the terrain will screw up your TA and damage will suffer. But it's up to you to research and figure out what is best in that moment. If you have any other Thf questions, myself being 75 will answer as well as a vast majority on the server. Just reach out and don't be afraid to ask questions.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:22 pm 

Chariya wrote:
Git gud loser.

All jokes aside, as a Thf, make sure you have bolts to pull, pre 60 just try your best to make sure SATA or SATA+WS lands. After 60, please for the love of God separate TA and SA like an intelligent Thf. Like Lupa said, timing is a pain sometimes and it might miss or the terrain will screw up your TA and damage will suffer. But it's up to you to research and figure out what is best in that moment. If you have any other Thf questions, myself being 75 will answer as well as a vast majority on the server. Just reach out and don't be afraid to ask questions.

tryin to get gud lol

this is my macro for sata + ws. is this typical?

/ja "Trick Attack" <me>
/wait 1
/ja "Sneak Attack" <me>
/wait 1
/ws "Viper Bite" <t>

i want to upload a video because i feel it has a strange delay between initiating it and the execution.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:31 pm 

omen285 wrote:
Chariya wrote:
Git gud loser.

tryin to get gud lol

/ja "Trick Attack" <me>
/wait 1
/ja "Sneak Attack" <me>
/wait 1
/ws "Viper Bite" <t>

i want to upload a video because i feel it has a strange delay between initiating it and the execution.

Yea, that's the proper way to put it. Just make sure you time your swings correctly. Feel it out. You'll be fine.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:41 pm 

I prefer to split them into 3 macros.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:43 pm 

Quote:

Yea, that's the proper way to put it. Just make sure you time your swings correctly. Feel it out. You'll be fine.

yeah i just learned in this thread that the Auto-Attack swings arent paused when your'e making macro moves. weird.

Also this:

[Me] . <-- a single 3d polygon [Mob]
"You cannot see target"

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:00 pm 

omen285 wrote:
Quote:

yeah i just learned in this thread that the Auto-Attack swings arent paused when your'e making macro moves. weird.

Also this:

[Me] . <-- a single 3d polygon [Mob]
"You cannot see target"

It's a Nasomi glitch, bug, whatever. Just move around till you hit it. There will be times where you'll have to play around with positioning for TA depending on terrain and other characters you're TA'ing onto.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:59 pm 

omen285 wrote:
Chariya wrote:
Git gud loser.

tryin to get gud lol

/ja "Trick Attack" <me>
/wait 1
/ja "Sneak Attack" <me>
/wait 1
/ws "Viper Bite" <t>

Save a couple lines so you can add equipsets when u get em.

/ja "Trick Attack" <me> <wait 1>
/ja "Sneak Attack" <me> <wait 1>
/ws "Viper Bite" <t>

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:46 pm 

Quote:
Save a couple lines so you can add equipsets when u get em.

/ja "Trick Attack" <me> <wait 1>
/ja "Sneak Attack" <me> <wait 1>
/ws "Viper Bite" <t>

I truly didnt know this was an option, thanks.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next